A no-holds-barred-cage-match arena of death for my ideas. Gladiators are all orphans of my brainmeats. Bets accepted at the window.

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Thank You, Gary Gygax, and Rest in Peace

Originally, I was just going to post about tonight's DeKalb Roleplayers Meetup tonight at Borders in DeKalb at 6:00 p.m.

But something bizarrely related and even more important has come to my attention:

Gary Gygax, "Father of D&D," dies at 69

I can honestly say that my life, my mind, and my imagination are richer thanks to the work of Gary Gygax. Playing RPGs is my favorite hobby, and some of the best times in my life have been spent with good friends bellying up to the table, rolling polyhedrons, slaying monsters, getting loot, and celebrating our victories.

Ironically, or perhaps fittingly, today is also GM's Day

So go do something to honor the father of RPGs. Indulge your imagination, savor the time you have with your loved ones, and ...

Go. Play.

No comments: