A no-holds-barred-cage-match arena of death for my ideas. Gladiators are all orphans of my brainmeats. Bets accepted at the window.

Thursday, August 2, 2007

A.D.D., anyone? (Also: "Hey! It's an A.D.D. reversal!")

Yeesh. Even glancing at my "Now Reading" list makes me wince. I notice that I've been having a hard time reading novels or books that aren't anthologies. I never seem to have more than 15 minutes to read at a stretch recently. I think that's why I'm drawn to short fiction, as there's more of a likelihood of my finishing the work in a short time.

Still, I have been enjoying Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and The Prince of Ayodhya quite a lot, the latter because the chapters are short, and are easily broken up along with my available reading time, the former because my wife and I have been reading the novel to each other, as we have with all the Harry Potter books.

One thing that I have been doing recently that I'd missed a lot is GMing weekly. For rather too long a while a couple of years ago, it seemed I couldn't go more than 2 or 3 sessions as GM without burning out or wanting to switch games/settings/systems. However, in the last 2-3 years, I've been on the ball with running consistent and, if I do say so myself, consistently enjoyable, campaigns, judging from the feedback I've gotten from players. While I enjoy gaming with my regular group, I'm one GM in a rotation of 4, so quite a bit of time can pass from one opportunity to the next. I'm considering starting a 2nd group at the FLGS (Friendly Local Gaming Store) just to get my GM on.

Ah well, those are urges and wishes. Let's see what actual time permits.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To me, it's like listening to a single track off your favorite CD. With everything you've got going on in your daily life, sometimes you only have enough time for that one electric burst of creativity, condensed and packed into a experience you can consume and enjoy without necessarily giving up the entire day.