A no-holds-barred-cage-match arena of death for my ideas. Gladiators are all orphans of my brainmeats. Bets accepted at the window.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

SF Campaign, cont.: Humbling Advice

I've been rereading Robin's Laws of Good Game Mastering by (duh) Robin D. Laws, a book that I consider a good refresher on the important basics of Game Mastering, and I was reminded of something very important:

"There is no shame in using an established setting." (13)

To which I will add:

"... especially if several of your players have requested that setting by name."

Fading Suns it is.

(Hey, I've already expressed my admiration of the creators' work on that world, so what the hell--I'm going to have a blast with it. Never let it be said that I'm too stubborn to listen to others.)

No comments: