A no-holds-barred-cage-match arena of death for my ideas. Gladiators are all orphans of my brainmeats. Bets accepted at the window.

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Comic Book Heaven

In a time when most comics suck the chrome off a trailer hitch like a whore custom-built by Hoover, I delight to see the shiny bits of my youth being collected in lovely GN format.



I am overwhelmed with giddy joy at the following comics that have been reprinted.

Behold the trifecta perfecta:

Nexus



Grimjack



Badger



And for something published recently that doesn't suck:

Immortal Iron Fist




My inner child is kicking your inner child's ass.

Off a cliff.

And laughing.

1 comment:

z said...

So I really have to get the whole Iron Fist story line in perspective. Taking into account that it is the all in the telling, I would really like to see the story unfold. I recently re-read The Amazing Adventures of Kavilier and Clay, and found that it really stands up. Of course, try to explain it to a person who really can't appreciate a great comic. I wish that I could somehow merge where I am now and access the library. I have been reduced to reading Gabriel Garcia Marquez and Love in the Time of Cholera, for crying out loud!